Friday 29 January 2016

Nobody likes to be the Newbie...

Nerves...


I'm so nervous about joining a new rowing club! It's especially nerve-wracking because I was so happy at Stratford-upon-Avon Boat Club! The friends I made there are like my second family and I miss them so much! The coaches were fantastic, and the club dealt with any problems quickly so as to avoid developing political factions, which is no mean feat! I'm scared that no other club will live up to that.

Decisions, Decisions...


I'm visiting two clubs this weekend, and arranging visits with four others. It's such a big decision to make, but one that has to be made pretty quickly so I don't forget how to row! Getting into a single scull is a surreal experience at the best of times! It feels like you're actually levitating over the water. I love it, but I have a healthy respect for the couple of inches that separates me from the murky depths!

Get Your Kit On!


The other thing that I haven't mention is the club kit. There are some weird and wonderful colour and design combinations out there! Stratford was very conservative with its black and burgundy kit. Warwick boat club is blue and white. Evesham Rowing Club was navy blue. But I have seen some kits that would make even the Power Rangers go blind! Ultimately, it is not a deciding factor, but it is a very visible part of the experience. At least if I end up with an outlandish get-up, I'll be very easy to spot at competitions! Which, now that I think of it, may or may not be a good thing...


No comments:

Post a Comment