Wednesday 9 March 2016

Sculling & Circuits - A quick catch up


Single Sculling Ecstasy!


I had my first outing in a single scull at my new club on Sunday!!!

The ladies squad had competed at Wehorr on Saturday, so after their epic efforts, they understandably decided not to train on Sunday. So, I had the river and our coach all to myself at 7am on Sunday morning! The river was on a green light, so I went out in the single scull. It was amazing!

Normally when I've been training in a crew boat for a while, I get a bit nervous about getting back into a single, but because it had been almost two months since I was last out in a single, I was too excited to remember to be nervous! I swooshed across the river and rowed it like I stole it!

Andy, the coach, filmed me so I could have a look later. I thought my blades would be splashing around all over the show, but it wasn't too bad at all. There are always a few things that I need to work on, but that's the fun of it.

Double Trouble


After my session in the single, I went out in a double called 'Double Trouble'. It was a full-on morning, and I've never felt so tired in my life, but it was worth it.

Circuit Training Insanity!


Last Wednesday it was hard! Rather than just do the usual skipping between each set, our trainer, Jacqui, mixed things up a bit. We did burpees, squat-thrusts, mountain running (or something like that), and skipping. It was intense!!!

After the success of the previous week's competition, there was another competition to see who could do the best skipping. It was the only thing that kept me going! I think Jacqui took petty on me, because I won the skipping contest! My prize was a sherbet dib-dab! #RetroCool!

No comments:

Post a Comment