Wednesday 16 March 2016

New Highs! The 'C' Word & Personal Bests


The 'C' word...


Circuit Training was amazing this evening! I was like the Duracell bunny! Everything was at full intensity, top speed, and max fun! I really enjoyed it! And that's something I thought I'd NEVER say about the 'C' word... i.e. 'Circuit' training!

The instructor couldn't believe it either! If there was a prize for enthusiasm, I would've won it tonight! The moral of the story, perseverance makes light work of anything. If I put the same amount of hard work and determination into my other goals, it won't be long until they move from the 'To Do' list and join the 'Done' list!

Personal Bests


Yesterday evening's erg session was fantastic! I'm still floating on the high from slashing a whole 6 seconds off my personal best split time!

We started off with a 34 minute set piece, alternating between rating at 18 and 20 strokes per minute, and then we did some intense sprints! 10 x 30seconds burst of flat-out power! I have never been so fast! It was like I was an out of body experience - as though someone else was erging, but using my body to do it.

It's amazing how much more one can achieve if they just ignore their limiting internal dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment