Monday 22 February 2016

Appetite


These past few days my appetite has started to catch up with my activity levels. I'm one of those people who doesn't eat breakfast, and if I have something for lunch, I'm not hungry at dinner time. I will have hot drinks (no milk) throughout the day, which tend to keep my hunger at bay, although I'll have a cereal bar or some fruit when I feel peckish and something small in the evening. These past two or three days, however, I have pretty much eaten two proper meals a day, with second helpings! I have been ravenous! My muscles are demanding food!

Good Fat for Healthy Organs and Muscles


Because I don't eat a lot in general, I make a conscious effort to eat the right foods. I don't cut anything out of my diet as such, but I do try and add the right kinds of fats and sugars into my diet. I eat lots of avocados because they provide the good fats that my organs need for healthy function, and that my muscles need for development.

Natural is a no-brainer when it comes to food


I use olive oil liberally because it's a good fat. I get worried when I hear about fat-free diets and fat-free foods. Some general rules of thumb that I use are: Good fat is good for you. Processed fat is bad for you. Natural unprocessed food is good for you. Too much sugar is bad for you, but there's nothing wrong with sugar that occurs naturally in food. Simples.

No comments:

Post a Comment