Saturday 27 February 2016

Just Keep Swimming!


Motivation


This morning was interesting. I spent an hour outside in the freezing cold wind, carrying, rigging and de-rigging boats. I was cold to my bones!!! After a while I was so cold that got in the car for a while and turned on the heated seats to warm me up! I switched on the radio and this guy was talking about some epic long distance swims that he'd done. Each swim took between 10 to 17 hours!!! He described one swim that he'd done when after a few hours he had lost all sensation in his spine. He thought he'd have to stop and get into the boat that was accompanying him. So what he did was to give himself a goal of swimming for just one more minute. And when he managed that, he swam for a minute longer, and so on. He was still swimming 3 hours later! Well! That got me out of the car and back to the boats! 20 minutes later, I'd finished the job! I was cold again, but it didn't matter!

Afterwards I did some pieces on the erg to warm up again. Once I was warm, I did 10 x 300m sprints and hit my ultimate PB (personal best)! It was amazing! A little bit of hardship goes a long way! Whenever I feel like giving up again, I will think of that dude who couldn't feel his spine, and I'll keep on going!

No comments:

Post a Comment